The New Forest Centre is open 7 days a week; 10am - 5pm from 1 April to 29 October and 10am - 4pm at other times.
Please note that the Gift Shop, Museum and Library close only for stocktake (31 January from 1pm and all day 1 February) and for the Christmas holiday period (25 December and 26 December)
Last entry to the New Forest Museum is 30 minutes before closing.
Admission Prices to New Forest Museum Complex
Admission to the New Forest Centre is free (although donations are welcome)
The Museum Complex consists of:
- the New Forest Museum.
Please print off a copy of the ‘A simple guide to enjoying the New Forest Museum’ prior to your visit, or borrow a laminated version from Reception when you arrive.
You can also follow this link for our education packages.
Please allow around 1 hour for your visit.
Become a Gift Aid Visitor
- If you are a UK taxpayer, donations can be tax effective if given under gift aid as the New Forest Centre can reclaim the tax. This amounts to an extra 25 percent, giving the Centre much needed funding to run its charitable services.
- If you are not a UK taxpayer, you can still make a donation.
- Please become a gift aid visitor by filling in the Gift Aid form with your donation (available by the donations boxes). Thank you for your support. Learn more about gift aid
- The New Forest Centre reserves the right to alter opening times without notice.
- Right of admission reserved.